Diploma Course Specialist Level 4
Here’s your opportunity to achieve that passion you have to become a Packaging & Label Designer.
This Diploma Course in Packaging Design will provide you with the very best skills and knowledge to either help you to break into this well established industry or to develop and add onto the skills you already have. We help create not just designers, but unique designers with creative skills and knowledge on this course.
If you are serious about becoming a Packaging & Label Designer, then get your course application in now!
What are you waiting for!
There are 7 modules in this course to be completed, plus a final exam which is carried online through our online campus.
You will work closely with your very own one-to-one course tutor/design coach using live sessions on Skype at time that suit you. Full guidance and support in using the design software Adobe or Affinity will be provided for those who are not fully confident in using any of these. But for this level you should have reasonable knowledge in using some of these, especially Adobe Illustrator or Affinity Designer.
Below the ‘What you will Learn’ header, you will find a dropdown list showing the modules you will be completing in this course along with a brief description on what you will be covering in each of these modules.
The aim is to try and complete each module in one to two months depending on how much time you have available to you. This course can be flexible if you need to work around employment or other commitments. It is also possible to complete this course sooner if you have a lot more time available to you. We can set out a study programme should you wish to finish in a specific time scale.
Throughout this course you will be working on live projects which will also help to build your unique and creative portfolio which is valuable to any designer.
- The full cost of this course is £650 with no extra costs
- 25% off your next course for as long as you are studying with us
- You will be given your own professional one-to-one tutor/design coach
- Learn by doing and build a creative portfolio
- You will receive on successful completion a recognised diploma certificate for this level
- Become part of our creative community
- All study material will be made available to you on our online campus
- Your course can be either flexible or a fixed time
- Customise your studies around your work or other commitments
- Apply for a NUS Totum Professional Student Card for discounts etc
- Full Career Guidance
What you will Learn
This is a Specialist Level 4 Diploma Course and focuses on those wishing to increase their knowledge in the packaging design industry. Graphic Design is a key element of this course, however you do not need to be a graphic design to apply for this course.
Learning about Packaging Design in this course will provide you with unique skills and techniques so that you will be confident in carrying out design projects and managing the production of your final designs.
- Learn how to plan your design from the start and find out different ways to make them stand out.
- You will get to know the problems you could face and how to solve these problems in advance of production.
- Work with cutting techniques and different types of stock for your packaging design.
- Find out how to mock-up your designs so that you can prototype them.
- Design and create Labels and Swing Tags for products along with the different types of production methods.
- Find out how to test your designs and final mock-ups.
- Get an inside look into brand identity design for packaging design and how to create logos and brand identities effectively.
- All of your study material will be made available for this course along with templates to get you started.
- Learn about environmental issues and ways to be environmentally friendly.
- You will need to complete a PreCourse Assessment prior to starting the main course which is to help your course tutor/design coach understand your abilities before you get started.
- At the end of this course you will have developed an amazing and focused portfolio which is a must for any designer. If you are wanting to impress an employer or client, then this is how to do just that.
MODULE ONE: Introduction to Packaging Design
In this first module, you will look at the history and the developments within the Packaging Industry plus the power of packaging design. You must understand the evolution of this ever-changing environment to help you to lay a foundation for your own style. Starting with this introduction module we will get you prepared for the rest of the course by helping you o understand the industry. There are 4 Projects to complete in this module which you will work on with your course tutor/design coach.
MODULE TWO: The Creative Process
One of the most valuable areas in your design career. This module will guide you and help you to develop your very own creative design process so that you will come up with your very own unique ideas and inspiration. We will go through a number of very useful steps so that you can develop your creative process which will more than help you to come up with creative solutions that work for your client and their audiences. A module not to be taken lightly.
MODULE THREE: Design for Packaging, Tags & Labels
Now that you have started to get your own design process into a system for yourself, we will now start you working on a number of projects which you will work on in great detail with your 1 to 1 Design and Training Coach. Here you will go through the complete process and cover all of the important, technical and production areas of packaging and label design. You will start working on some case studies before you work on the main module projects.
MODULE FOUR: Testing Your Designs
You will take what you have designed in Module Three and be shown how to test your designs before you even attempt to go to final production. This will involve a number of test areas that will become very valuable to you as a designer and your clients. You will look at and understand all partners in the methodology and design, along with understanding shoppers behaviours and how packaging design effects the buying decisions.
MODULE FIVE: Presentation
Selling your ideas are just as important as designing them. In this module, you will learn how to present your ideas effectively and creatively. Using effective mock-ups and creating your presentation will be covered in great detail in this module. Once you have mastered the skills of presentation, you will be given a selection of projects to assist you with this area which again you will work on with your course tutor/design coach.
MODULE SIX: Packaging, Tags & Label Detective
Time to look outside your designs and into the world of Packaging and Label Design. Here you will be given several tasks to carry out and look at other projects to see how and why they have been done in a particular style and format. You will focus more on the Label and Swing tags for this module but not taking your eye off how these will work along side the packaging design concepts.
MODULE SEVEN: The Ultimate Project
Just as the title says in this module. You will be given a number of projects which will become your Ultimate Projects, bring everything you have learnt in this course to a close. You will not only find this module exciting but stimulating and inspiring.
START DATE: Start Anytime
DURATION: 6-12 months (flexible)
COURSE FEE: £650
Once your course application has been accepted, we will contact you to let you know and then give you instruction on how to make your full course payment which you will need to pay before enrolment can be completed.
SAMUEL RENTON - LEEDS, ENGLAND
EBEN VILJOEN - NORTHANTS, ENGLAND
Have a look at our Students page and read some of the journies a selection of our student have taken with their course choices and career moves etc. We have also featured some of our former students to see how they are getting on after finishing their courses.
COMPLETE COURSES LIST SEPTEMBER 2021 - OCTOBER 2022
SPECIALIST DESIGN COURSES
Advertising Design Level 4
Brand & Corporate ID Design Level 4
Packaging Design Level 4
Visual Communication Level 4
Website Design Level 4
Digital Illustration Level 4
PROFESSIONAL + BUSINESS COURSES
Creative Thinking & Process Techniques PL5
Creative Team Building PL5
SHORT COURSES + WORKSHOPS
Introduction to Graphic Design Short Course
Logo Design Short Course
Creative Thinking Short Course
Become a Freelancer Short Course
Digital Illustration for Beginners Short Course
How to Enrol on our Courses
It is so easy to apply and enrol onto our courses. Just follow the steps by clicking on the 'Apply Now' button. If you are not sure what course or level is best for you, please click on the 'Course Guidance' button so we can help you.