Let 2019 be the year you start that dream you have been thinking about but have been putting off for one reason or another.
We all do it! We all sit and think about making changes to our lives throughout the year and never actually get our heads organised to actually doing something about it. Frustrating isn’t it!
Maybe you are looking to achieve a new skill, set-up a business, start a new hobby, improve on skills or knowledge you already have but need to bring up to date, or something completely different. Here are 5 basic steps to help you get started:
- How about sitting down right now and write a list of all the things you really want to achieve in 2019. Then score out those on your list which are just a pipe dreams, which you know will be impossible to carry out.
- Your list should now have reduced in size with the goals you know you could possibly deliver.
- Now write down the barriers to what is stopping you achieving these goals for 2019 on your list right now and throughout this year. Then you will see if it is possible to overcome these barriers and to move forward. But if the barriers for some of your goals are just too difficult, then score these off you list now too. Just be clear in your head that you are not just giving into those barriers because you are making excuses and that they are truly too difficult to break down.
- Now your list should have reduced even further and will be a lot more focused.
- Once you have your final list in front of you, make a plan of action to what it is you will need and what time it would take to achieve them in 2019. Your Plan of Action is the key to you actually achieving your dreams which needs to include things that may distract you or spoil it for you before you get there.
It is so easy just to walk away from your dreams or desires at the start of a year, in fact at any time of the year. It’s a bit like creative thinking and finding inspiration to come up with design ideas or solutions. Many individuals just keep looking at a blank computer screen or piece of paper with no idea where to go next with their ideas. You could spend endless hours doodling away, changing things, going backwards and forwards with no solution in sight. In fact, it could be that the solution your think your have come up with is no good at all to the client. It’s all about having a creative process, and plan of action just like achieving your goals for the new year ahead.
Maybe it would be a valuable asset if you made one of your goals a new skill on how to come up with ideas and how to develop a plan of action or creative process. At the Creative Design School we teach and train our students, companies and organisations on how to achieve the best results by developing a creative or development process for the projects they are working on. Have a look at the creative courses available on our website, for example our Creative Thinking and Process Techniques Professional Level course, or our Creative Thinking Short Course.
If you would like to find out more about our creative courses or would like to chat about some of the things you would like to achieve in the coming year, just email us at email@example.com and we will be more than happy to guide you the best way we can.